Monday, November 5, 2012

It's 2:00 am.... This is why I am up!

My daughter, Amanda, starts a new job tomorrow.  She will be working for the Forest Preserve..  Deer Management.  Yup, just what it sounds like.  Population control.  She starts graveyard shifts, 6:30 pm - 6:30 am and is changing her body clock.  I am keeping her company for a bit longer and then I am heading to bed.

Her job is seasonal, so in a couple of months, she begins the task of finding a new job.  Hopefully a permanent job in an aquarium not too awful far from home.  Even a zoo would be nice, but her love is fish....   ugly fish are her favorite.  The flounder.  :-)

But back to her seasonal job...   and this is not for the faint of heart, so be warned.  Deer Management is, basically, population control of deer.  There is a certain number of deer that need to be "managed" so that they don't take over.  There are not too many natural predators of deer, so short of introducing bears, cougars and coyotes into your environment to control the deer population..  it is done by people.  The coolest part comes after the deer is "managed."  The deer is dissected and many of the organs are removed and tested.  Tested for genetic problems and diseases that we don't want in our environment.  A couple of teeth are removed to check the age of the deer.  Basically, slice open the teeth and count the rings type of thing.  The heart goes to a wildlife preservation for the birds to treat on and then the food pantry comes in, takes the deer and feeds tons of people.  How cool is that?!?!

My delicate flower is hoping to dissect and research!  Somedays it is tough to listen to her stories! :-)



I have been keeping busy filling orders and doing shows.  I had a show Saturday and have one more this next weekend at my house.  Feel free to drop by if you are in the area.  I am debating about doing a show on the 18th and my last show of the season is on the 8th of December.  Seems like it never ends and that is good!  I love the opportunities to show my kards and to make new kards!  I have 2 full pages of orders that I will be working on this week, along with getting my house set up for the show.  It will keep me busy and centered.  I am going to miss my girlie.  She will work during the nights when we sleep and then sleep when I want to chat about her day!  Not going to lie...  this is going to be tough!

Enjoy your day...  hug your kiddos!!
~Happy Krafting ~

No comments:

Post a Comment